• Home  /
  • Uncategorized
  •  /  We need your input for our High Altitude Bakes 2013 Holiday Cookies & Bar Cookies Cookbook!

By Chef Megan Joy / October 15, 2013

Greetings, friends!

I am in the process of putting together another High Altitude Bakes holiday cookbook this year. It will feature various cookie and bar cookie recipes that are perfect for celebrating this upcoming time of year.

In doing so, I have been trying to brainstorm what types of cookies you’d all like to see in the book. Like last year’s, it will be a downloadable, instant-access e-book. We’ll be selling it at a discounted price during its first week on sale, for those interested.

I’m thinking a happy mix of family favorites, Christmas classics, unique treats, and festive-themed cookies/bar cookies- decorated cut-out gingerbread cookies, cheesecake bars, homemade fig newtons, peanut butter sandwich cookies, pecan pie bars…the list goes on. Each recipe will also be accompanied with a photo.

If I want to finish this book for its launch by November, I’ll need to know what recipes you all may be interested in. Is there a type of cookie that just tastes like Christmas to you and you’re not sure how to make it at altitude? Does anyone have a family recipe they’d like to submit, have adjusted, and possibly be featured in the book?

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below. Recipes can be emailed to megan@chefmeganjoy.com.

Thanks everyone, and happy baking!

281094_10151164107597607_315297483_o

hab-cwt4

hab-nmm2

About the author

Chef Megan Joy

10comments
Jessica - October 15, 2013

Chocolate, peanut butter, or any combination of the two.

We are getting ready to move to Steamboat Springs and I’m pretty nervous about having to adapt my cooking/baking. I’m so glad my hubby found this blog for me.

Mary Jewell - October 16, 2013

I think you published a chocolate chip recipe before but I can’t find it. Please include one of these recipes. Also, some type of cookies with cranberries, fig pinwheel cookies and egg white cookies would be great.

Lynne - October 16, 2013

I would appreciate two cookies that my mom used to make. They are both date cookies. I am sorry I don’t have the recipe. I was not able to get them after mom died. The first cookie had a cookie base, then a dollop of the date mixture and then another dollop of the cookie on top and them put in the oven. The second cookie had the cookie mixture spread out, then the date mixture spread on top. it was then rolled up, sliced and baked. We used to call them pinwheel cookies but I don’t know the real name. Thank you!!!!

Carlee - October 16, 2013

I would love to see any recipe that packs well for a gift! Perhaps along with some packaging/gift giving presentation ideas? Looking forward to the book!

Andrea - October 17, 2013

Would it be possible to have a small candy section in the book? The past few Christmases, I’ve wanted to make different candies – nougat, peanut brittle, divinity, fudge, caramels, cordial cherries – but most recipes are fairly vague about altitude. That is, they tell you that you’ll need to vary the recipe for altitude and/or cook to a different temp, but they never say exactly what changes to make. I’ve tried some recipes anyway, but results have been all over the place. Any help on candy-making would be great!

Kelly - October 17, 2013

A really good butter cookie. I love using Kerrygold Irish butter. I also would love an Anise cookie.

Summer - October 17, 2013

I would love to find the perfect cut out sugar cookie, and chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips and a variation with mint! Thanks for the great recipes. Your pumpkin muffins are amazing!

Kristen - November 3, 2013

I agree about the candy making comment. Also anything having to do with jellies & jams…I’m finding that I have to cook it longer to make it gel but any other tips would be great! Just found your blog, thank you for the help, can’t wait to try some of your recipes!!

Chef Megan Joy - November 4, 2013

Thanks for the input, everyone! This year’s holiday cookbook is going to be solely devoted to cookies. However, candies are a great idea for next year! I’ll try to post a few holiday candies on the blog this year too.

Kathleen Biegenwald - November 8, 2013

My Sicilian Great Grandmother “Nona”, had a mmarvelous Anise cookie recipe, again HA shot me down with the differences. Is it possible you have any advice or publish one , that would be wonderful!!!!

Click here to add a comment